Archive for November, 2007
Ran into a couple of issues relating to video yesterday. Ã‚Â First, in the docs for the Camera class, it says getCamera() can accept a ‘name’ parameter specifying which camera driver to use. Ã‚Â As far as I can tell, this is not the case. Ã‚Â You need to use the camera name’s index of it’s position in the Camera.names array, and you need to pass the index as a string:
Also, it appears that Video.clear() does not really work, at least it didn’t for me. Ã‚Â It simply clears what looks like a single pixel in the top-left corner of the video object that the webcam was attached to. Ã‚Â I’m guessing at this point that it probably only works with flv’s that were streaming in, and not video from an input source.Ã‚Â
Error #2101: The String passed to URLVariables.decode() must be a URL-encoded query string containing name/value pairs
I ran into this issue today trying to load some simple data from a php script. I was positive I was only sendingÃ‚Â name/value pairs and nothing else. Ã‚Â I had set the loader.dataFormat property toÃ‚Â URLLoaderDataFormat.VARIABLES, and usingÃ‚Â CharlesÃ‚Â I can see that my data was arriving fine.
The solution in my case was simple: Ã‚Â I was adding a leading ‘&’ in the variables string, which URLLoader doesn’t appreciate. So instead of this, which was a habit picked up with AS 2:
You just need to do:
You still need the ampersand to separate multiple name/value pairs though.
Talk about killing two birds with one stone (although why anyone would do that I don’t know), but I was searching around today for managing spam on my mt dv server. Ã‚Â Since I moved over there, the amount of spam i’ve been getting has increased. Ã‚Â Apple Mail is catching the junk fine, but I wind up with thousands a day. Ã‚Â Then throw in the fact that the iphone doesn’t have junk mail filtering, so I wind up with lots of spam getting through to the iphone, at least until Mail sorts everything out.Ã‚Â So, while searching around, I came acrossÃ‚Â this postÃ‚Â which talked about implementing procmail to work in conjunction with spamassasin to filter the mail server-side. Ã‚Â It was a very easy solution (once I figured out I was getting an error due to copy and pasting the code from the blog, which contained curly quotes), and things look pretty good so far, the spam is getting moved to my junk mailbox before it ever even gets to Mail.Ã‚Â